A downloadable game for Windows
Once Upon a time, there was an unhappy child. All they wanted in life, was to be happy, and in their dreams, they were. However, all dreams must come to an end someday.
Lost Dreams is a game created for My First Game Jam.
The game is very short, only half an hour to an hour long, but it was my first venture into creating almost all of the assets used in the game.
You play a child, who is on a quest to wake up from their blissful dream while the inhabitants of their dream world try to, half heartedly, stand in their way. The majority of the game are simple puzzles, with atmospheric music and surreal inhabitants to the world.
The game features include:
- Multiple endings (4 bad endings, one normal, and one true ending)
- A rhythm-based battle system
- New Game+
- Various puzzles and riddles
Warnings for the game include:
- Mention of suicide
- Mentions of abuse and neglect
- Body horror
- Loud noises
While I personally am not completely happy with the outcome of the game, I am proud of the fact that it is a project that I have actually finished, and am looking forward to the next game jam I join.
- Ashfield, my wonderful spouse who has supported me in every project I start
- CAMeLIA - http://agnello-pecora.chu.jp/CAMeLIA/
- Dova-S - http://dova-s.jp/
- Magic Egg - http://ontama-m.com/index.html
- Pocket Sound - http://pocket-se.info/material/
- Senses Circuit - http://senses-circuit.com
- Modern Algebra
You will need to download the RTP for RPG Maker VX Ace though in order to play it. http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages
- Download the BUG FIX EDITION 1.0
- Download and install the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP
- Unzip the game folder
- Install the supplied font
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
This game is dark. The atmosphere was really interesting, like a melancholy fairy tale? Not sure how to describe it, but I enjoyed it but was simultaneously saddened.
Also how do you get the normal ending I only got the true end. Not sure if I actually want to get the normal end, but I'm curious
AAAAAAAH THE F E E L S
How do I get past the letter puzzle towards the end?